I am pleased to announce Morel release 0.2. Since release 0.1 we have renamed the project from ‘smlj’ to ‘Morel’, made major improvements to the type system, and continued our relational extensions.
Some highlights of release 0.2:
- Functions and values can have polymorphic types, inferred as part of a Hindley-Milner type system;
- Relational expressions may now include a
groupclause, so you can evaluate aggregate queries (similar to SQL
- Foreign values allow external data, such as the contents of a JDBC database, to be handled as if it is in memory;
- Add built-in functions based on the
Liststructures in the Standard ML basis library;
- Postfix field reference syntax makes Morel more familiar to SQL users;
- Add Morel language reference.
For more information, see the release notes.
If you have comments, please reply on Twitter: